Connecting skuBrain to your Vend store is super easy. Immediately after you create a new forecasting project, on the sales dashboard you’ll see a Vend icon:
Clicking on the Vend icon will take you to a page where you can provide the details of your Vend account:
- Vend Account Name
- The name of your Vend account… you use this every time you connect to your Vend store. For example, if your Vend store is located at http://foo.vendhq.com then the name of your store is foo.
- Vend Login
- The email you use to login to Vend
- Vend Password
- That user’s password
- Time zone
- Sales get stored in your Vend databases in UTC time format (roughly London time). When you import sales data into skuBrain though, you probably want it to be stored in the time zone where the sales were made… so if you’re in Los Angeles this should be PST and if you’re in Auckland this should be NZT.
Once you’ve got everything plugged in, click on the Save Settings button and you’re good to go!
Importing your sales history
Once you’ve got everything hooked up, you’ll see an Import from Vend button on the sales dashboard:
Clicking on this will pop up the
Import from Vend dialogue:
Here you can specify how far back you want skuBrain to import sales history from Vend. This will default to the last date when you imported sales data from Vend (if you’ve run this task before).
Finally, click on the
Import button and let skuBrain do it’s thing!
You’ll need to import your sales history before you can create forecasts. Once skuBrain has your sales history though, it can generate forecasts without needing to connect to Vend.
Later on, once you have a forecast you’ll want to use this to plan what stock you need to reorder by creating a stock plan. In order to create a stock plan, skuBrain needs to know:
- Current stock levels for each of your products
- Lead times for acquiring stock from suppliers
When creating a stock plan, skuBrain will fetch current stock directly from your Vend store. However you’ll need to provide the lead times manually, since Vend doesn’t keep this information. However this is really easy to do. When you create a stock plan in skuBrain, you’ll see a list of suppliers and their corresponding lead times, which you can alter, if necessary.
Obviously, lead times gets stored so you don’t need to reconfigure these every time you make a stock plan.
Creating supplier orders
Finally, you can create supplier orders based on the replenishment recommendations in stock plan reports from the Download stock orders menu:
If you’re using Vend with a single outlet then this drop down menu will show a list of any of the suppliers that you need to reorder stock from. Clicking on a supplier downloads a CSV file that you can use to import stock orders for that supplier.1
If you have multiple Outlets configured in your Vend store and you’ve created a multi-outlet stock plan, the drop down menu will show a list of suppliers grouped by outlet, so that you can download separate stock order files for each separate Outlet/Supplier combination that you need to reorder stock from.
- See the Import products into a stock order from a CSV file article in the Vend Help Center for details.